Friday 3 January 2014

Award Title Proposal

Passion and love for what I do, is what has driven me to develop and nurture my talent and skills within Performing Arts.  When someone asks me what I am best at, I cannot answer.  As I feel my strength lies in Performing as a whole, singing, acting, dancing and choreographing.  I believe that my skills work together and not individually and that I am a better performer and teacher for this.  This is why I have chosen the proposed title of Performing Arts as what I do doesn’t fit into one single category.  It fits into the Arts as a whole and has many segments and attributions within it.  For me to single out one skill, such as dance or dance teaching, I would be neglecting my other skills, and not portraying a true and fulfilling description of my talents.  I also feel I have worked hard in my life whilst studying and training to develop all of the relevant skills required within performing arts to just push some aside.  I want the chance to pass on my knowledge to others through teaching and performing and I don’t want to restrict myself to doing this through one genre of the Arts.  I want to teach Performing Arts and everything that is categorized within it and I feel this title will allow me to go on to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment