Tuesday 23 April 2013

The benefits of social networking sites

Whilst doing the BAPP course I have started to look more at the ways I use networking to support my career and everyday choices.  I have realised that I rely heavily on networking sites Facebook, and Twitter to spread the words about my classes.  I really feel that Facebook is a great FREE way to promote a business and it helps to the word to spread.  It also allows people who aren't my friends on Facebook to view my page and find out about the classes/events I have going on.  I use this tool so naturally everyday that I never realised how much it helps towards my career.

This got me thinking about the networking I don't use as much and how i could utilise those tools.  For example, email.  When I take classes, I take peoples email addresses so I can let them know if a class was cancelled etc.  But I have now started to, since being on this course, emailing all customers I have ever seen about upcoming events, classes and promotions, etc.  I have had a good response from doing this and I feel that there is still so much more I could learn from networking and the many ways there are to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment