Tuesday 12 February 2013

The way we interpret...

Ive been nosey and had a look at other bloggers from the BAPP course.  I have found so many different interpretations of what it is the Task asked us to do.  Now I'm not sure if there is a right or wrong, or if we are to learn from our own and others interpretations and make our own decision on what we think is right.  I like the way Kim Walton http://kymwalton.blogspot.co.uk/ wrote her profile as if she was having a conversation with the reader.  It really engaged me and I was actually interested in reading on through her profile.  I think this is the same kind of approach I took.  I want to make my readers get to know me and my personality through my words.  I don't want them to just know what work I have done.  That's a bit boring and less personal, I feel.  Looking back over past years, I found Ahmet Ahmet's blog to be extremely interesting. http://mrahmet.blogspot.co.uk.  Although the profile was very informative, he made a little joke at the end and i felt that gave me an insight into the kind of character he is.  As i went on to read more of his blog, i was mentally stealing ideas for my own.  Sorry Ahmet!! You should have copy written your ideas.  haha.  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lizzy, I am hoping that this is the right approach to the task and I am hoping that it creates a professional but engaging profile. I like yours as well, gives me a quick but insightful introduction to your past and to your future aspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzie - good critiques that 1. show you have had a spin around and 2 start to develop a sense of how looking at work from peers can inform your own practice. About that mentally stealing... that is what we do - learn from each other - share - if an idea needs to be 'cited' - do what you have done in this blog - say where you got the idea from - for instance - you can be specific about the ideas that ahmet had . This is what the Harvard system does - it allows us to say - using citation shorthand- where ideas came from 0 so (Ahmet, online, 2013) or (Rowden, online, 2013).

    ReplyDelete